Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Gem on the Hudson

This Saturday morning I met my cousin and her hubby for breakfast at a small cafe in the Village of Cold Spring. While the main purpose of the trip was to visit Graymoor (a separate post to come), Cold Spring was selected as a meeting point for us and it turned out to be a welcomed surprise for me. I'd never been to this quaint little village that lies on the banks of the Hudson River but I will definitely be returning for a visit. Given the early morning hour (8:00 am), none of the wonderful little shops which line the main street were open, but the beautiful storefronts with any number of antique shops to choose from for window shopping, and also some unique and charming gift shops more than made up for it. All of this with the added bonus of a breathtaking waterfront to enjoy the natural beauty of the Hudson.