Monday, January 25, 2010

American Idol: My Favorite Audition, So Far

I'm not a gambling woman, but if I was, I'd put all my money behind my current favorite "American Idol" auditioner, Tyler Grady, to take it all the way. Alright, maybe I wouldn't bet the house on it, especially since we haven't seen all the auditions yet, but I will say, Tyler's audition stood out for me in all the right ways, and I can't wait to see him again in the Hollywood round.

Tyler appeared in the Boston auditions dressed in bell-bottom jeans, a purple polyester shirt, and matching braces on both of his broken wrists. How did he break his wrists you might ask? The answer, the good old-fashioned way, tree-climbing. Add to that questionable style-sense some spastic dance moves in front of the camera prior to his audition and you were left expecting yet another loser wannabe just trying to get on TV, but instead Tyler belted out a sexy version of "Let's Get It On" and totally won the judges and me over. (Check out his audition here).

Here's hoping Tyler wows us yet again in Hollywood and America gets to see a whole lot more of him.