Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blog of Note

I find it awe-inspiring whenever I read something which transcends the page. I marvel at the brilliant few who can with the mere use of words – a random compilation of nouns, verbs, adjectives – somehow manage to give a reader a glimpse into their soul, their feelings – be they sadness, fear, anger or joy. I found such a writer in a recent blog I discovered, Enjoying the Small Things, which is written by Kelle Hampton. Given the newness of my finding, I haven’t gotten a chance to read all of Kelle’s posts, but those I have are beautifully written and insightful. In particular, let me direct your attention to a post titled “Nella Cordelia: A Birth Story,” which literally moved me to tears. In it Kelle offers us a glimpse of the special night when Nella came into her life; she shares with us the incredible joy and excitement of awaiting her second child, the pain of contractions once labor starts, and the initial pain and fear when she realizes Nella has Down Syndrome. It is an honest and unabashed look into Kelle’s heart in those first hours (the fear, the hurt, the uncertainty), followed in quick succession by the overpowering feeling of love and gratitude at being blessed with this truly beautiful and perfect little girl who was made just for them.

Be prepared to cry, so have tissues on hand, but don’t miss out on the opportunity to read this beautiful story which brings us the beginning of this family's journey.

Enjoying the Small Things is a great blog which helps us to remember to keep things in perspective, not sweat the small stuff, and along the way teaches us a few lessons about hope, faith and unconditional love.