Monday, August 29, 2011

Soles4Souls

As you might recall, back in June I posted about my plans to collect shoes for the organization Soles4Souls, a wonderful charity which collects gently used shoes and distributes them to individuals in need all over the world. As promised, I sent out an email to family and friends asking for donations, and as usual, they did not disappoint. I received shoes in all shapes and sizes, and thanks to everyone's kindness and generosity I filled two boxes which I shipped to Soles4Souls' Edison, NJ location for distribution to parts unknown. Here's a couple pics of my bounty:




Receiving the shoes from friends and sending them to their intended recipients was wonderful, both for knowing that in response to my simple request my friend's cared enough to share their many blessings, as well as the knowledge that soon, a man, woman or child on the other side of the world, or maybe even here in the US, will be receiving one of these pairs of shoes and will know that someone cares about them. A simple act of generosity that could potentially make a profound difference in someone's life. Just think, for a small child, the shoes we sent could be the shoes they'll proudly wear on their first day of school; for a man or woman, they could be the shoes they'll wear to a job that leads them to a better and brighter future. What more could anyone ask for, then to know that you've touched someone and made their life better for caring.