Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lake Como and Other Things

Well, hello out there. I guess I got some 'splainin' to do, though I doubt my readers (all 3 of you) have been waiting with bated breath for my return. What can I say? The past year has been jam-packed with work, family, volunteering and the countless getaways with George to Lake Como; it’s been crazy. Honestly, I have no life-altering adventures or steamy (or even tepid) romances to write home about, and no great excuse for the blogging absence other than that posting had become a bit of a chore, so I decided to just take a break. But, as in most things, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I kinda miss the old grind. Oh, not the writing, because unlike probably most bloggers, it doesn’t necessarily come easy for me, but I miss the sharing. I miss being able to sit down and just…BLAH!…blurt out all my thoughts and feelings on a random subject or book or movie.

I knew it was time to come back when I recently found myself visiting my own blog, rifling through past posts, and taking a trip down memory lane as I read my own words on both some happy and even painful moments in my life. It hit me how my blog had for a time served as a sort of not very private journal where I could lay my nerdy soul bare and just not give a fig if someone thought less of me for it.

So, here I am, back again. I’ve read a ton of books lately, which I’m just dying to tell you guys about. I’ve seen countless movies, but only two of which that make me want to run down the hallway screaming “go see this, go see it now”. What else? Not sure, but I’ll come up with something. Back soon.