Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

New York began enjoying some unseasonably warm weather even before Spring officially arrived, so Jasmin has been beside herself with joy at her new found freedom. For those not in the know, Jasmin is my cat. Due to my sense of guilt at watching her sit at my kitchen window longingly gazing at the great outdoors all winter long, as soon as the warm weather rolls around, I start letting her go outside.

Once the weather is nice, the daily ritual never deviates. As soon as I walk in the door of my condo after work she greets me at the front door, then runs to the back door which leads to the patio, stands on her hind legs, front paws reaching up towards the doorknob and starts to meow frantically while looking back at me with a look which screams, "Hurry up beyotch, I've been waiting for you all day." Brings to mind a prisoner demanding some "yard time" from the warden. While she's outside, she enjoys some fresh air, watches the birdies and nibbles on a few digestive greens. I stay glued to her side the whole time she's out there, ready to pounce if she dares to make a run for it, which has only happened twice, both times squirrel inspired incidents. She's very zen in her enjoyment of the avian variety of wildlife, but she's got no will power whatsoever when it comes to a bushy tail.

Here are a couple pics of said kitty enjoying an afternoon stroll and basking in the warmth of the sun during a recent weekend.