Wednesday, August 12, 2009

thesixtyone.com

A friend at work introduced me to thesixtyone.com, and I can officially report that I’m obsessed and loving it. First things first, thesixtyone is an innovative music site whose mission in their own words is to “make music culture more democratic: artists upload their work for review, but, rather than allow a stuffy suit in a boardroom to decide what's good, thousands of listeners do.” I love the idea that as a listener you’re privy to talent on the ground floor of their musical journeys and careers.

I’ve found some great music! I love this song, and this song, and especially this one by Sean Fournier. I love this song by Kate Earl, this one by Katie Herzig, and this one by The Rescues, and so many more.

You can listen to music without creating an account, but the account lets you save your favorite songs to listen to over and over again, and it also makes you a more active participant in making your favorite songs or artists heard.

Spread the word. If you love music, join thesixtyone.com now!