Sunday, December 1, 2013

Must See: The Grand Budapest Hotel

During yesterday's screening of The Book Thief, they previewed this trailer for The Grand Budapest Hotel, Wes Anderson's latest film due for release in March of next year. The film seems to capture all the quirky, clever and slightly off-kilter absurdist humor found in most Anderson creations, such as Moonrise Kingdom, Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Royal Tenenbaums to name a few, and features some of his usual cast of regulars including Bill Murray and Adrien Brody. While I can't say I'm a huge fan of all Wes Anderson films, I find them kind of hit or miss, this particular trailer definitely struck my funny bone and I can honestly say I'll be eagerly looking out for this film when it hits my local theater. Check it out and see what you think.