Friday, May 20, 2016

I've learned...

I've learned...that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
I've learned...that when you're in love, it shows.
I've learned...that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.
I've learned...that being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned...that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
I've learned...that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
I've learned...that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned...that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
I've learned...that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I've learned...that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
I've learned...that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned...that love, not time, heals all wounds.
I've learned...that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
I've learned...that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
I've learned...that life is tough, but I am tougher.
I've learned...that opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
I've learned...that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I've learned...that I wish I could have told my mom that I love her one more time before she passed away.
I've learned...that one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
I've learned...that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
I've learned...that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

By Andy Rooney (excerpt)