Thursday, May 19, 2016

Things I'm Loving Lately

"Happiness is only real, when shared." A sentiment with which I heartily agree! With that thought in mind, I thought I’d share with all of you, some of the lovely things I’m loving lately. Maybe you can find some lovely things of your own through the links provided.
  1. I fell in love with this Blue A-line Sweet Printed Shirt Dress from Stylewe as soon as I saw it. I’m not a regular dress wearer, but I do wear them for special occasions and what could be more special than my knucklehead’s high school graduation! It’s colorful and sharp without being overly dressy. I don't normally order clothes online, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it fits me as nicely as in the picture. By the way, the dresses on this site are downright dreamy; I mean look at this or this. I have nowhere to wear them, but I was tempted to buy one and just wear it around the house while cleaning.
  2. I recently posted about Letters of Note, but I didn’t want to pass up an opportunity to reiterate what a movingly beautiful book this is or how much I loved it. Not only do you get to enjoy the poignancy of the letters, but in some instances you'll be looking at a piece of history, since the book not only contains the typed transcript of the letter but in many cases copies of the original in the writer’s own handwriting.
  3. I got such a chuckle when I found these socks on BlueQ. I love the idea of wearing a simple pair of slacks and top, but finishing off my outfit with these naughty socks on my feet. They’re $9.99 a pair, so I started my collection with just the two shown above ('Sup Nerd and There Are Assholes Everywhere (because there are, aren’t there?) It’s kind of like wearing sexy lingerie under drab clothing with no one the wiser; but since this body is not made for sexy lingerie, I figured I'd settle for some funny and/or expletive covered socks. If blue language doesn't tickle your funny bone, know that there's tons of adorable socks from which to choose. My next purchase will definitely include "I love bread" (yes, can you believe it, that's one of the styles).
  4. I got this library card tote to carry what else...but my library books. I thought it was so cute and whimsical, harkening back to the good 'ole days when we actually used library cards instead of bar codes and scanners. Out of Print celebrates great stories through fashion. They have books on t-shirts and other personal and home accessories. Also, for each product sold, one book is donated to a community in need.
  5. I'm loving Britain’s Got Talent! I don’t think it airs here in the U.S., but every season I follow it online via YouTube. Not only do the judges (Simon Cowell (the old curmudgeon has become a big softie since becoming a dad), David Walliams, Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon) have amazing chemistry, but they also attract such an eclectic array of talent year after year and this season is no exception. Standouts so far are Beau Dermott , who sang a goose-bump inducing version of Defying Gravity; Shannon and Peter, a pair of retired professional dancers that mesmerized with a breathtaking and romantic ballet performance; and an emotional duet from mother and daughter Ana and Fia, to only name a few. While there are plenty of singers like most reality competitions, there is also a puppeteer (sweet & silly), acrobat (sexy), and even a sword swallower (scary & thrilling). A little something for everyone.
Lest I forget, let me add that it goes without saying that one constant in my 'things I'm loving' list is all of you! I love y'all like a kid loves Christmas or a mouse loves cheese or I love bread. You get the idea.