Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.
Fathers Day Quote by: Unknown

My Dad will be gone from us 15 years in November, but I still remember him with love and admiration. He'd only received an elementary school education but he was a wonderful teacher, who taught by example. Amongst many things, he taughts us about love, loyalty, and the value of a hard day's work. When I see the amazing father's that both of my brothers turned out to be, I feel the pride my dad must in knowing he did his job well.

Happy Father's Day to both my brothers and all the fathers, godfathers, grandfathers, and stepfathers out there! God Bless.