Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Resurrecting the Jheri Curl

Tonight I might have taken the first step in single-handedly resurrecting the Jheri curl look of the 70s and 80s (shiny and wet). I volunteered at my church's Italian Festival and lucked out with french fry duty. Lucky me, for two hours I stood mere inches from two huge vats of hot bubbling oil constantly cooking fries, and dishing them out to what seemed like every teenager and small child living within a 10-mile radius of the vicinity. Call me clueless, but I was oblivious to my new look until I got home and looked in the mirror, at which time I noted that my hair which is usually curly and frizzy, instead looked like I had dipped it in the previously mentioned vat of oil, and sadly I smelled like it too. I'll probably also have a pimple or two tomorrow morning to serve as battle scars from the night's work.

Well, you know what they say...no good deed goes unpunished.