Monday, June 29, 2009

My Fall TV Viewing Schedule

The major networks (ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC) have announced their Fall lineups and premiere dates. A number of my favorite shows have premieres on the same night, which will wreck havoc on my viewing schedule, but I'm sure I'll manage. For example, NBC's comedy lineup, including The Office, will kickoff on September 17th, the same night as the premiere of Survivor: Samoa. Luckily they're on in different time slots. Survivor kicks off at 8:00 pm, and The Office has an hour-long special at 9:00 pm. Another head-to-head match up is set for September 21st when both the struggling Heroes and Dancing with the Stars have 2-hour premieres. Depending on the announced line-up of celebrities for this season of DWTS, this decision might be an easy one. Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be jam packed with fun thanks to a Fall run of So You Think You Can Dance on Tuesdays, and a glorious hour of Glee airing on Wednesday nights. The Mentalist will kick-off in its new Thursday spot on September 24th, and Medium, which was picked up by CBS after it was cancelled by NBC, launches on September 25th.

There's definitely plenty to see so I drafted up my preliminary viewing schedule, with only the old favorites included.

As you can see, some nights I have a couple shows slotted at the same time, which means I'll either be channel-hopping, recording, or demoting some shows from "must see" status to an episode-by-episode decision basis. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Only the strong survive.