Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Funky Lunch

I’m single and don’t have kids, but in a perfect world, if I was married to Mr. Right with 2.5 kids (one in the oven because Mr. Right and I find each other incredibly attractive even after years of marriage), this would be the type of sandwich I’d make for my beautiful, brilliant children.


I found this adorable creation and many more like it, including Hello Kitty, Spongebob Squarepants, and Ben Ten, at funkylunch.com. Per the website, “Funky Lunch was born out of the desire to turn an ordinary lunchtime sandwich into something a bit different to encourage children to eat a varied and healthy lunch.” You can purchase the book with step-by-step instructions to these amazing edible works of art through either the company’s website or Amazon. I’d suggest using Amazon, given that Funky Lunch is a British company and you’d probably pay more for shipping than you would the book (priced at $9.22 on Amazon).

Knowing the incredible amount of hard work it takes to raise children, of course this is an outsider’s perspective based merely on observing my brother and sister-in-law, I wonder how the heck anyone would have time for this? Of course, I wouldn’t have a problem, because along with being incredibly good looking and supportive, Mr. Right would have amazing skills in the kitchen, as well as in other rooms of the house, if you know what I mean (wink, wink).