Friday, April 15, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

...hopping down the bunny trail. Easter is almost here. The plan is to spend the day with my knuckleheads, of course. They've already finagled their Easter gifts out of me (new iPod touches), so day of it will just be chocolate bunnies for them. As previously noted on this blog, I'm not a cook, so my sister-in-law will be doing all of the cooking, and I'll limit my contribution to dessert. There's a great little French bakery a few towns over that has to die for desserts (for example, Raspberry White Chocolate Ladyfinger cake, yup, it's as good as it sounds) so I'll pick up a couple desserts to bring with me. Anyway, I always bring a simple bouquet of flowers to my sister-in-law as a small hostess gift, but I spotted these adorable arrangements online and just might give them a try. I'm about as good at crafts as I am at cooking, so it'll be interesting to see how this ends up.

I found both via Pinterest. Luckily, the pin for this first arrangement with Peeps and jelly beans provided a link to Tip Junkie which listed simple directions.


I love the colors in this arrangement too. I imagine you'd probably use the same principle as the previous arrangement (two vases, one inside the other).


If the plan goes beyond this post, I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished product.