Monday, April 28, 2008

Till the Sun Turns Black (Ray LaMontagne)

I'll be totally honest, I'm not a music buff. I rarely buy CDs, or listen to the radio in my car, so I'm surprising even myself in writing this post. But, have you ever read a book you just thought was incredible or seen a movie that touched you deeply, and you just wanted to rush home and tell someone? Well, that happens a lot to me with movies and books, but never with music. Until now. I had never heard Ray LaMontagne before this CD, so his voice was a revelation. He has a soft, slightly gruff, soulful voice. The whole album has a soft and mellow sound which wraps around you like a warm embrace. If music can be moving, this was. I think you'll fall in love with this album. I did. (If you want to listen to some of the songs before buying the CD, check out his myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/raylamontagne).