Friday, July 4, 2008

America's Got Talent - Too Many Favorites

"America's Got Talent" is going into its fourth week and I'm losing track of all the people I'll be rooting for in Vegas. Each audition episode has been two hours long, so it's kind of hard to remember the long line of acts and faces. To be honest, I'm kinda over the auditions, and really looking forward to the Vegas round and finding out who actually makes the vote-in portion of the show. There are though a couple acts that have stayed with me in the recent weeks, including Eli Mattson, a young singer who's been struggling to make it in the music industry. Eli sang "Walking in Memphis" while playing the keyboards and I--and more importantly the judges--was impressed with his performance. To the sweet and cute category, add David Militello, a 9-year old who'd been diagnosed with autism at an early age. David won over everyone's hearts with his sweet personality and his enjoyable performance of "Ben." And lastly, for those (including me) who believe it's never too late to reach for your dreams, there's Paul Salos, a 71-year old Frank Sinatra wannabe that had the voice, the mannerisms, and the charm of Old Blue Eyes.

Like I said, Vegas can't get here soon enough, but I guess I'll have to be patient and see if I can add anymore favorites to my growing list.