Thursday, July 17, 2008

Emmy Noms are a Mixed Bag of Goods

The nominations for the 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards were announced today. Nominees in the top categories were announced by Kristin Chenoweth and Neil Patrick Harris, who received a pleasant early morning surprise when they each received a nomination of their own in the supporting actor /actress category. I was very happy to find that more than a few of my favorites, including House, The Office and Lost will be well represented on Emmy night garnering nominations both in the Outstanding Series (Drama/Comedy) category, as well as noms in the acting categories (Hugh Laurie, Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, Michael Emerson). Unfortunately, it can’t all be good news and some of my faves, most notably Friday Night Lights and Robert Sean Leonard from House, got snubbed yet again.

This year’s Emmys will also include a new category for reality competition host. The nominess included Ryan Seacrest from ratings juggernaut “American Idol,” the likable Tom Bergeron from “Dancing With the Stars” and my personal favorite Jeff Probst from the granddaddy of reality shows, “Survivor.”

Visit TV Guide for a full list of Emmy nominations. Winners will be announced live on ABC on Sunday, September 21st. I'll definitely be tuning in and keeping my fingers crossed for my favorites.