Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Close Encounter with a Teen Angel

So yesterday I went to see "Grease" on Broadway and had a wonderful time. The show was tons of fun, though I was slightly disconcerted by the switcheroo in the song order compared to the movie, a small insignificant fact which did not detract at all from an enjoyable two hours of great music. Luckily, both of the leads, Max Crumm and Laura Osnes, were there for our performance. As you guys might recall, Max and Laura won the lead roles as Danny and Sandy (the Broadway debut for each) in NBC's reality competition "You're the One That I Want."

Of course, the best part of the show, and one--if not the--main reason I got the tickets was to see Taylor Hicks as Teen Angel. As I've previously mentioned I'm a proud member of the Soul Patrol, so I had to go see my man perform on the Great White Way, and let me just say he was great...woohooo! Either there were tons of Soul Patrollers out in the audience, or the unbiased crowd agreed wholeheartedly with my assessment of his performance, because he received a pretty raucous greeting from the crowd both following his performance and during the curtain call when he sang and played his harmonica for the crowd.

Thanks to my cousin who rushed to the front of the barricade by the theater exit door, we got his autograph and that of the show leads, and I also got these photos.



I took this photo during the curtain call when he was blowing on his harmonica. Hated the combed back hairdo, but his jacket was very cute. It had these two small rhinestone angels wings on the back.