Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Good Ol' Days

I was surfing the web last night, when I stumbled upon a site that had a copy of "Dynamite" magazine. I couldn't believe it. What a flash from the past. As many, OK maybe some, of you will remember "Dynamite" was a kid's magazine in the 70's that had such sizzling covers as Shaun Cassidy and Farrah Fawcett. While "Dynamite" was cool, the end all, be all for me was "Tiger Beat" magazine. I could always count on "Tiger Beat" to appease my need for info and photos on my latest crush, whether it was Leif Garrett, Scott Baio or a hot Matt Dillon. After finding the magazines, my trip down memory lane quickly became a treasure hunt of sorts as I expanded my search to some of my favorite shows as well.


It was quite a kick to see again some of the familiar faces I so loved as a kid. I was as much a TV addict back then as I am now (not sure what my parents were thinking), so I hope I serve as a warning to all the parents out there - unless you want your kid blogging about TV at 40. I had an extensive list of favorites which I tuned into religiously, including Laverne & Shirley, Facts of Life, Chips, The Love Boat (yes, I was a geek even back then), and Happy Days to name a few. One of my very favorites was "Wonder Woman". I was dutifully impressed by her truth telling lasso and, lest we forget, her invisible plane. Here's a video clip to stir up some fond memories.



While remembering the good ol' days is always fun, here's to hoping the best days are still to come.